2010-01-27

Milan ordinary landscapes. Centro Leoni #3



I've mentioned several times my vicinity with conceptual art as a mean to have some control in what I would call the photographic performance, the one each photographer performs when taking pictures. In some ways, in landscape, the photographer's performance overlaps with land, body art and even dance as I pointed out a few posts ago.
Conceptual art introduced a procedural way to operate, to make intentional sides of the artistic practice other ways shadowed by routine doing. Conceptual art may be suspected to have a high degree of boredom associated, it is not always the case as explained in this article: "Paragraphs on Conceptual Art" by Sol Lewitt that I have enjoyed reading for its clarity and concision. The intro is a pearl by itself and an important point in the attribution of a theoretical dignity to the artist's doing.

No comments: